Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 6 of my 30 day paleo challenge!

Today is day 6 of my 30 day paleo challenge. It has been okay so far this week until today. I am an ex sugar addict and I love grains of any kind. After 6 days of having no grains or refined sugars I am finally starting to crave them. I want a sandwitch or a diet soda so bad!!!!! I will not cave into the cravings though!

When I am having cravings I think about things that motivate me. The first thing I think about is that I made a commitment to my other coaches to follow through with this challenge. The second is that I want to go to the 2010 CrossFit games more than anything in this world. I know that the competition is really tough and I have to be the best I can be to compete at that level. I want to be able to to stand up against my competition and know that win or lose I did everything in my power to be the best athlete I can be on that day. The last thing I think about is the video on the CrossFit Journal of the women's "chipper". I think of Tanya Wagner and and the look on her face when she finished her last muscle up after she was so worried she wouldn't be able to complete them. I want to feel that feeling... I want to know what it feels like to to take your body to a place you never thought you could physically go. That is what keeps me from giving into those cravings.

My advice to anyone starting a new diet or healthy way of eating is to figure out what your specific goal is. From there find an emotional connection to your goal to keep you motivated and on track. Last would be to have a support system that helps to keep you accountable for your goals.

1 comment:

  1. Good Words Erin. Paleo is the secret. Also keep in mind that a crossfitter burns more than the average person. Added Fat worked wonders for my cravings and energy. Pile on the almond butter please! I am planning on coming by soon. When do you and the coaches workout?

    ReplyDelete